Trainee HR Consultant
Number of vacancies
Are you a graduate seeking an HR trainee post? Have you completed a placement year whilst at university? Are you highly intellectual, motivated, assured, ambitious and looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting HR environment?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and motivated individual to begin a career in HR by joining a forward thinking and supportive team in a very successful HR company
Initially, you will be responsible for providing proactive and efficient HR administration support to HR consultants, but the intention is to allow you to develop full HR skills and undertake a CIPD qualification after passing a 6-month probationary period.
Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects and tasks, network with professionals, and learn from talented and experienced HR professionals. We are looking for someone who can meet client needs, is proactive and confident, can think on their feet, and is adaptable.
- Be given the opportunity to study towards the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) qualification
- Gain valuable experience of all areas of HR including recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and HR generalist activities
- Assist with the production and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to deal with day-to-day general HR employee relations queries
- Assist in working on first-class training and development initiatives
- Report, monitor, and maintain highly confidential and essential data
- Develop knowledge of HR systems
- Produce relevant documents for full employee life-cycle from starters to leavers including references, contracts, contract amendments, and leaver letters in accordance with legislative requirements
- Assist clients with their recruitment needs through liaison with agencies/ advertisers
- Source candidates utilising various job boards / social media methods (and develop innovative sourcing options including networking, headhunting and building talent pools
- Participate in the administration of a full recruitment service: monitoring email applications; arranging pre-interview assessment centres and inductions; maintaining accurate recruitment and cost records; coordinating prospective candidates; arranging telephone interviews and face to face interviews; administering offers, reporting back with feedback in timely manner.
- Participate in the collection of market salary information
- Gain knowledge of marketing through website development/updates
- Source content and create company e-zine
- Passion for a long-term career within Human Resources
- Trustworthy with the ability to handle personal and sensitive information
- Willing to take initiative and be a change agent
- Self confident and flexible to meet client needs
- Reacts positively to challenging situations
- Works well in a team and individually
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of administrative environment
- Ability to interpret, understand and relate complex policies and procedures
- Ability to understand business strategy and organisations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use sound judgment in making business decisions
- Excellent spoken/written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage varying workload with high attention to detail
- Strong decision making skills
- Commitment to deliver and respond in a timely manner to deadlines
- Innovative -Able to generate new ideas and simplify strategy into specific actions
- Team working
- Willing to travel
- Full UK driving license
At People People we have a small team of consultants as well as a wide network of like–minded high quality independent human resource, management and training development specialists, who share our values and can deliver to the high standards we set for ourselves.
We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning as well as execution.
What all of our team members and associates have in common is:
- They are great at what they do
- Our style is relaxed but very professional
- They love working independently
- Occasionally want to work collaboratively as part of a team on bigger projects
Focused on bringing tangible results in the work we do.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV – together with a covering letter explaining why you would be successful in this role.